Tuesday 1 February 2011

Morphsuits

Well an interesting thought came to me today!

For years if you wanted a Zentai suit, you would find a seller, ebay usually. Read feedback, try and get the sizes right. Order and pay, wait a few weeks, then hey presto a new suit arrives.

Anyway, as local fancy dress shop sells Morphsuits. I could get one in under an hour! I could have a brand new Lycra suit, on in an hour!!! This is all new to me, in fact it's new to the world of Lycra.

Now there are  a lot of negative feelings about these suits. Regular conversations on http://www.ayus-zentai.com

people say they are bad fitting suits, and they are diluting the origins of the zentai. They are mass marketing an Lycra suit as their own creation. To, what some people suggest, as the un knowing public, who buy these over priced suits, without knowing the history and the  huge amount of other possibilities they could have with a zentai, eBay search.  Some people have tried to boycott the morpsuit web site, and  refuse to entertain the fact that these suits even exist.

But, and I may be wrong here. I like the fact that on a Saturday night I can see people in 'Morpsuits' around town. Family members have their own.  I could wear one of my zentai suits to the local shops, and yeah it would get attention, but not as much as it would of 2 years ago.




The only thing (at the moment, i don't have a suit) is the logo on the back


which does seem a little price to pay.

So for once, I am all for the suits, I will try to educate people. On twitter I do a search on morphuits, and if anyone tweets they want one, I make a polite suggestion to search for 'zentai' on eBay. A few have thanked me. One even is basing a fashion show on zentai, after my suggestion.  I think that's the way forward, let people know that zentai exists, and you have more choice etc. But welcome the new generation of Lycra wearers, no matter what the suit is called.

1 comment:

  1. Dont you think that the logos on the butts is dumb? I got my zentai suit or whatever you call it from Superfan Suits and there was no logo. So I got to wear my tight spandex out in public without being a billboard. Kind of nice

    ReplyDelete